The bigger question here is HOW IS THERE ANY GUACAMOLE LEFT OVER?
Okay so maybe you made extra and you just can’t let it go to waste. You really want to enjoy it for days!
So how do you keep guacamole from turning brown?
It is really, really simple. WATER.
How do you keep Guacamole from turning brown?
- Put your leftover quacamole in a plastic food container that is large enough to leave an inch of space at the top.
- Take a spoon and smooth down the top to make it level.
- Pour water over it to the top of your container.
- Put the lid on and store in the refrigerator.
- Pour off the water before storing and eating.
Look it up online and you will find all kinds of advice the suggests ideas like a lime juice layer, sour cream layer and using plastic wrap. These ideas do work and you can try what you like best. But WATER works just as well and is EASY and FAST and the CHEAPEST!
Check out this recipe for Guac at Inspired Fresh Life!